"Stumbled on this site searching the web during mad panic trying to replace my recently evicted flatmate-from-hell.
I knew NOTHING about Exchange previously and just prayed to the gods that it wouldn`t be a feeding ground for nutters.
I was impressed with the responses.
- Peter S.
Advertise Brisbane share accommodation
• If you own or are already renting property and have a Brisbane share room becoming available you can place a share accommodation ad so that interested flatmates and housemates can get in touch
• Start with a catchy, informative headline to attract the interest of potential flatmates and housemates (as well as higher search rank exposure). The opening three words of your ad copy becomes the headline. Eg: Luxury Enuite Bedroom, CBD Share Apartment, LARGE DOUBLE ROOM, etc
• Make sure you use a pic - it is the best way to show people what is on offer and increase response to your ad
• If you want to increase the speed and no of responses you can pay the small fee to upgrade your ad to make sure that people see it first – bold ads are larger, get top billing above free ads and may contain 5 images • The better your description of your share accommodation is the more response from genuinely interested parties you can expect. Include details of: the suburb, the rental amount, the no of bedrooms, bathrooms and people they would be sharing with, parking, access to transport, shops and other amenities
• Include some brief personal details such as your age, occupation and interest – since you will be sharing a property with others you need to choose people you are going to get along with
• State the date the room will become available
• Genuine potential housemates would not hesitate to call, you may like to provide a number as a second contact option
"I was Googling last year and came across the Brisbane Exchange site - and have used it twice now.
I am trying to rent out a room, and hopefully find the perfect flatmate!!
Definately recommend the service to others :)
• Do not use all caps – capitalising everything actually emphasises nothing - submission all in capitals will convert to lower case
• Attempts to format will not work , they will only make your ad unappealing to read and lots of or ---- for example will make your ad less findable on web searches by interested parties
• It is not really necessary to include the address of your share accommodation at this initial stage of enquiry – these sorts of details can be saved for later discussion with respondents who appeal and you can retain your privacy in the meantime
"We advertised with Brisbane Exchange for a tenant to share a 3 Bedroom Unit. We had several inquiries. Brisbane Exchange helped us get our advertisement onto the Internet. Yes we would recommend this site to others.